Tickled pink? Nah, just tickled red over here in Runner’s Delightland from being a bit bashfully blush. Jen, from a blog I deeply admire based on tantalizing culinary photos and descriptive recipes and fitnessy-love, willblog4food, nominated my blog for the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster is not the 13th zodiac sign nor a new brand of synthetic down, but is actually a kinda fun little blog chain letter devoted to spreading the love from one small blog to another in order to build community, readership and karma. Normally I wouldn’t get my yah-yah’s out by chain lettering the masses, but I thought it was pretty amazing Jen nominated me for this, and I’m of course happy to be in her top-5 blog reads!
To quote Jen:
The rules are simple:
1. You show your thanks to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog.
2. You nominate five other blogs by posting a comment on their blogs.
3. Have fun, discover some new blogs, and spread the good blog karma.
So, without further ado, here are five small blogs that I really love (in no particular order):
1. broccoli and chocolate: Giving the East Bay some much needed restaurant reviewing love and San Francisco food bloggers a run for their oysters on entertaining wordsmithery, Angie focuses her blog around dining out and about while also making life observations that never cease to amaze me.
2. The Real Full House: Finding this blog was a complete accident. I literally was absentmindedly pressing “Next” on my blog’s browser when it popped up and the title intrigued me (as a child of the 80s-90s whose mom thought Danny Tanner was good looking, Full House was a show I tended to watch with increased regularity until it went off the air). But better than a television show, this is real life. These are the thoughts, concerns, triumphs and lamentations of a family who lost their wife/mother, and the three guys who are taking care of three daughters. This blog makes me laugh. It sometimes makes me melancholy. It’s always good.
3. What Claudia Wore: The Baby-Sitter’s Club fashion revisited, commented on, and often imitated. Bliss.
4. Lamentations on a Lost Love: So, my dear “long-lost” cousin (as we call each other) had the horror of losing her fiance to a drunk driver earlier this year. As part of her recovery, she’s been blogging. El is wise, brave, and has quite a way with words she may not have known before this life (death?) experience. Following her thoughts is heart-breaking but she has a remarkable spirit and reading makes me feel closer to her and hopefully sends her good thoughts.
5. Paper Musings: From one of the most creative human beings I’ve ever met, Paper Musings is brought to us by Courtney, an artist, teacher, and overall inspired lady. She blogs in photo form, in art form, in writing, and about her instruction endeavors and students. Anytime I need a zap of creativity, there she is, humming along and giving me hope that I can literally make something with my life.
Blogs are your friends. Now go read and love. Or don’t. But you could. And it would be nice.