It’s always a balance, isn’t it? We can’t have good news without also having bad news. I suppose that has something to do with all good things coming to beginnings, and the circle of life (uh-oh, do I smell a Lion King moment?). Anyway, there is some bad news I’m about to divulge, but to counter it, there is good news too!
The “How to Start Running” series has come to an end. Commence group aw, shucks! now. If you missed it, here’s the recap:
* Jen gave us a thorough and rather amazing account of her humble running beginnings and what inspires her to keep moving.
* Tami discussed quieting her inner critic and what running gives to her that she didn’t find elsewhere.
* Angie questioned her status as a runner since she’s a newbie (spoiler alert: she may not consider herself one, but she is)
* Sean recounts his hate/love relationship with running
* Runner’s Delight spilled the beans on how she got involved with running
* Ciana offered a hilarious Top 11 list for reasons to run
Thanks again to everyone who contributed (and hey, everyone who read!). It’s because of the contributors that I’m supremely stoked to announce good news!!
So, after reading about how to start running, someone I know actually did start running. And she’s agreed to write about it and give us updates as to her trials, tribulations and triumphs (she doubts the latter will occur, but I have faith). So, while one series comes closing down, another one will be blooming right up and darn it, I cannot freaking wait.
Okay, back to writing about running after this week. I feel like this week has been all business oriented, and totally not all running focused. Which means until my next post, this blog is a bit like a mullet…business in the front, party in the back.